Parents are welcome to donate for our Children's Hospital Blood Drive. Just drop in to donate from 8am to 1pm. Instructions below and requirements:
Children’s Hospital Blood Drive Thursday, Feb. 22, Day 3
- You should eat a good meal before donating blood.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid caffeine at least 1 hr. before donating.
- You must weigh at least 120 pounds if 17 and 110 pounds if 18yrs old
- You are required to bring a picture ID.
- You are required to know either your SS#, DL#
or Passport #.
DO NOT DONATE BLOOD IF:
- You have had a cold or flu symptoms three days prior to donation or do not feel well on the day of the donation.
- You have a tattoo or body piercing less than 12 months old (ear lobe piercing with gun is okay).
- You have taken antibiotics in the last 24 hours.
- You have had major dental work in the last 24 Hrs.
- You are taking cardiac medication or insulin.
- You have had hepatitis after the age of 11 years.
- You have traveled to a malaria zone less than 12 months ago.
- You have traveled for a combined total of 6 months or more to Europe, or 3 months or more to the UK from 1980 to the present.