Admission to St. Francis High School is based upon grade school work, performance on standardized testing, entrance examination results, teacher recommendation and family interview.
Admissions Examination: Scholastic Testing Service High School Placement Test (HSPT)
Admissions Process for Ninth Grade:
- Complete an application form – submit online, download the form from our website (www.sfhs.net), or call 818.790.0325 to request the form.
- Take the entrance examination offered at St. Francis High School. The examination is held on a Saturday in January. Under some circumstances other types of entrance examinations may be submitted in place of the St. Francis examination. Please call the school for verification.
Upon receipt of a completed application, St. Francis High School will request:
- Three years of official transcripts, including all standardized test scores, from the eighth grade school or school last attended. Faxed transcripts will not be accepted.
- St. Francis High School will mail SFHS Rating Form to current school. A junior high teacher or administrator will then forward the completed form to St. Francis High School.
- Complete Pastor Recommendation Form (available on our website).
- Applicant and parents interview with a member of the Admissions Committee or staff.
For those entering Tenth, Eleventh or Twelfth Grades:
- Submit an application form provided by St. Francis High School.
- St. Francis will contact you to schedule an admissions interview.
- Applicants for these grades are not required to take the entrance examination.